Top Cancer Prevention Foods Infographic
At the start of any New Year it’s very common to find articles dedicated to health resolutions, weight loss plans, detox diets, miracle foods, breakthrough supplements and miracle cures. What is commonly overlooked is that the release of new resources often goes back to simple principles and age-old foods to improve health.
One statistic that doesn’t seem to decrease at the start of the New Year is the increase in disease in the body, chronic illness, and health concerns. A recent study showed that 40% of women in their 40’s have microscopic breast cancer. That’s 4 in 10 women over the age of 40!
Embed This Infographic On Your Website:
Top Cancer Prevention Foods-
While many of the articles in the New Year are dedicated to new fad’s in the wellness industry, we’ve researched 5 cancer-starving foods that are probably already in your refrigerator or pantry. These foods, eaten in the correct portions prevent cancer growth and support a healthy immune system.
- Bok Choy- This type of Chinese cabbage contains brassinin, a powerful cancer-fighter. Brassinin is also found in cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Bok Choy should be eaten 3 times per week, in ½ cup servings to obtain its full benefits.
- Cooked Tomatoes are full of cancer-fighting properties. By heating a tomato verses eating raw, the molecule lycopene is more readily available to your body after heating.
- Flounder Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and low in mercury, eating three 6-ounce servings a week is ideal.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants known to fight cancer. Suggested 1-cup a day for cancer-fighting benefits
- Artichokes have 3 different cancer-fighting chemicals. Enjoy ¼ cup of hearts per day.
While we wouldn’t suggest combining all of these into a salad, eaten daily or combined with other food greatly supports your body’s ability to fight cancer and illness. For more information on cancer-fighting foods and alternative therapy, visit The Gerson Institute.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to pin this infographic to pinterest and share on facebook!
Start learning more about what may internally be affecting your health as well by taking our FREE Life Assessment here